Photo Gallery: Hunt House
This house was built in the 1850's as a summer home for a
wealthy south Georgia planter, W. W. Chapman, who owned land in Louisiana,
Alabama, and south Georgia. On October 21, 1874, the house was bought by W.
J. Kincaid who ran a store on South Hill Street. In 1888, Kincaid, who had
come to Griffin a couple of years earlier from North Carolina, became one of
the founders and largest stockholders of the Kincaid Manufacturing Company.
He was elected president of the company which built one of the two earliest
cotton mills in Griffin. This mill is now part of Dundee Mills, the largest
textile manufacturer in Griffin.
This site was last updated 02/20/09