Pritchard-Moore-Goodrich House


Travel Main


Photo Gallery: Pritchard-Moore-Goodrich House

While the building needs a new coat of paint, and the fence needs to be cleaned up, this house looks like it's in decent shape. It sits very grandly on Hill Street.


This house was constructed by Dr. William Prichard in 1850 on land purchased three years earlier from attorney Robert Lanier, father of famed Georgia poet Sidney Lanier. The house was sold to William Wadsworth in 1872 and changed hands several times until 1919 when Lucien P. Goodrich, a grandson of Dr. Prichard, purchased the house and one acre for $5,000.

The Goodrich house is a two-story, white frame house on a half-acre lot in an old residential neighborhood in Griffin. The house was built on a four-room central hall plan which was varied by including the rear portion with a vaulted ceiling which extends across two-thirds of the rear section of the structure. The front of the structure has a portico with Doric columns. While the house is generally Greek Revival in plan and form, it has several features of an Italianate transitional style.

Travel Main | Bailey-Tebault House | Double Cabins | Griffin Commercial District | Hawkes Library | Hill-Kurtz House | Hunt House | Medical College | Mills House | Mills House and Smokehouse | Old Courthouse | Old Gaissert Homeplace | Pritchard-Moore-Goodrich House | Sam Bailey Building | St. George's Episcopal Church | "City of Griffin" and City Hall | "Confederate Camp" | "Confederate Cemetery" | "First Grain Elevator" | "First Paving" | "Founding of Griffin" | "Founding of Griffin 2 blk" | "Georgia Experiment Station" | "Georgia's Militia at Griffin" | "Lewis Lawrence Griffin" | "Ringold Community" | "Spalding County" | "Spalding Grays" | "The Fannin Avengers" | "The Orphan Brigade" | Diane Court

This site was last updated 02/20/09